Saturday, June 6, 2015

Bargain! Soup Greens



With much delight I head straight to the discounted produce section at my favorite Shoprite at Aramingo in Philadelphia; there I  have a selection of fresh produce. This selection is fresh if used same day or otherwise prepared and freeze.

Let me explain the way it works for me. Most times, I purchase multiple packages, sometimes I need it the same day,while the rest is cleaned and stored.

My favorite is the Soup Greens they only cost ninety nine cents ($0.99) regular price $5-$6 dollars. Here are the produce:

1. onion
2-3 parsnips
1-2 carrots
1-2 pieces celery
1-2 turnips
Herbs: dill, parsley, leeks

Here are the packages; I usually purchase 3-4 packages. My first thing is to sort,clean and discard the herbs. No need to shopping for onions because I just harvested four from the Soup Greens. All my produce is then peeled, washed, and put away in small freezer bags.Soup Greens is not only used for soup and stew.
















No comments:

Post a Comment